Thursday, March 14, 2013

Vegan Recipes - Recommendations?

I haven't posted in quite a few weeks as I have been super busy and consumed with changing our unhealthy eating habits. I have been watching a lot of documentaries such as "Forks over Knives" and "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

Since I have over 3000 followers on Facebook and almost just as many on twitter, I figured some of you could help me by sharing some of your favorite "Vegan" recipes and perhaps some other great blogs that you visit!  :)

So far, I'm going to share with you two recipes that I have recently tried and enjoyed!

Substitute the milk for non-dairy milk such as Almond, Coconut or Soy Milk.

Pimientos is a must, do not skip this ingredient! I also added a little bit of garlic powder (a little goes a long way for seasoning this sauce, do not go overboard on garlic powder if you choose to add to sauce)
Also, I couldn't find RAW Cashews so I used Roasted Cashews and soaked them in some warm water for 12 hours to soften them up a bit.  It still didn't make a super creamy sauce but I bet if I would have used Raw Cashews and soaked those, I would have been able to make a super creamy sauce without it being a little tiny "grainy".    This will NOT taste like cheese but it will be a pretty tasty sauce!  

No comments:

Post a Comment