I posted a Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe yesterday and here's the bread bowl recipe to accompany it!
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
2 tablespoons soft butter (I substitute for Olive Oil from time to time)
4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tsp. of yeast (jar)
1 egg white, beaten (for glazing the bread bowls before baking)
1. Place everything but the egg white in your bread machine in the order that your manufacturer recommends.
2. Use dough cycle.
3. When the cycle is complete, turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into balls.
4. Place the 6 balls onto a greased cookie sheet and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
5. Brush with beaten egg white.
6. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Once done, you can cut the top off and scoop out the center leaving about 1/4 inch on all sides.
Tip: if you have small children, you might want to make smaller bread bowls for them. :)