Sunday, July 29, 2012

Don't like Fish? This might change your mind!

Just like the title of my post asks "Don't like fish?", personally I wasn't crazy about it but the health benefits of eating fish, specifically salmon, had sent me into a search for something palatable enough to make me continue reaching out for it.

I'm happy to report that my search is now over! I have found what I believe is the best tasting salmon ever!

It is a the "Blackened Salmon" by C.Wirthy & Co and can be purchased in the frozen section at Sam's Club for just $15.98 per bag.  Each bag contains roughly 2 lbs of salmon in which each piece  is individually wrapped. The bags that I have purchased so far always contained 5 pieces.   I must warn you though that young children may or may not like it,  both of our daughters dislike it. I always end up fixing something different for them but I really don't mind since it just means more salmon for me!  I always buy at least two bags at a time, this way, I'm able to prepare a total of 5 meals for me and my husband.  We eat it at least once a week.


The best part about this salmon is that it's so easy to prepare!  You just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or in cold water for roughly 15 minutes, preheat oven to 400F and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.  As sides, I generally will just have a baked sweet potato and some steamed broccoli. It's really an affordable meal and you are eating super healthy!

Just last month, we invited my husband's father and his wife for dinner.  We grilled some steaks, pork chops, hamburgers, and the blackened salmon.  He and his wife enjoyed the blackened salmon so much, that they too now purchase it at Sam's Club!

Salmon is extremely good for you, here are a few examples as to why:

  • Rich in Omega-3
  • High Protein
  • Low in Saturated Fat
  • Lowers the risk of heart attacks
  • Joint health
  • Great for pregnant mommies (there is a limit of how much you can eat due to mercury)

You can read about the benefits and salmon nutritional information by visiting C.Wirthy & Co website at: http://www.cwirthy.com/salmon-nutritional-information-health-benefits.php

I haven't tried their other frozen fish but I wouldn't hesitate to try them based on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment